These incredible seeds are loaded with dietary fiber, healthy fats, proteins, and antioxidants, thus, serving as a healthy and energizing snack that also provides energy. So, having a regular diet with enough nutritious seeds is one of the easiest ways to maintain overall optimal health.
Therefore, let’s look at some incredibly healthy seeds which should be a must in your daily diet.
Pepitas/ pumpkin seeds
- They help alleviate mood, reduce depression and anxiety, and enhance quality of sleep.
- The magnesium and antioxidants-rich pepitas seeds help regulate blood pressure levels and lower bad cholesterol, thus, protecting heart against various diseases.
- They improve your immunity, owing to their high levels of antioxidants, zinc, and vitamin E.
- Pumpkin seed oil is extremely rich in various vital minerals that aid women during the menopause phase. Being rich in natural phytoestrogens, they also help reduce various symptoms of menopause.
- Their regular consumption supports prostate health and enhances fertility in men. The presence of zinc in them boosts testosterone levels and improves the quality and quantity of sperms.
- Pumpkin seeds are also rich in omega-7, an essential oil that prevents dryness of skin, eyes, mouth, and vagina.
- Daily consumption of flaxseeds protects you from various heart-related issues, obesity, and hypertension.
- Their anti-inflammatory properties help to prevent illnesses like asthma, diabetes, arthritis, etc.
- They contain essential fatty acids that keep your skin hydrated and glowing. Flaxseed oil also brightens your complexion, as the antioxidants present in it protect your skin from sun damage.
- Being rich in omega-3 fatty acids, the seeds also prevent skin inflammation and acne.
- They help your body produce more collagen to maintain your skin’s elasticity and promote a younger look.
- They help minimize the risk of developing thyroid disease, owing to selenium in them that prevents hypothyroidism.
- Sunflower seeds are rich in Vitamin E, thus, promoting better heart health.
- Their regular consumption can help regulate blood sugar levels, which reduces the risk of diabetes.
- Since they have high levels of magnesium, these seeds boost bone health and prevent diseases like osteoporosis.
- Being immensely rich in omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, proteins, and minerals like iron, zinc, magnesium, and calcium, they are widely consumed for various health benefits, especially weight loss.
- Chia seeds are also good for your digestion, and help lower blood sugar levels and cholesterol.
- They are a great source of plant protein and are good for promoting your bone health.
- Sesame seeds (til) also help reduce blood pressure, bad cholesterol levels, and inflammation.
These tiny seeds are a powerhouse of nutrition and make an excellent nutritional addition to your daily diet. It is recommended to use them as a garnish to a dish by sprinkling over it after cooking or baking since the heat involved may reduce their nutritional value.
Being extremely versatile, they can also be added to your fruits, salads, smoothies, soups, yoghurt, cereals, etc. Therefore, start consuming them from today and make changes in your life. You may also have a look on best selling product reviews 2023